Monday 11 May 2015

WIP Week 19: Blackwork Journey - Box of Delights

Time for another weekly update. First there is a finish. Paddington, RC-7014 by Royal Crown is finished! You can read all about it in my previous post.

I have stitched myself a bit closer to the centre of the Blackwork SAL by Blackwork Journey.


The fox on Eva Rosenstand's bell pull The Hunt II is close to getting its eyes and nose stitched.


And the kitty of Comar Creatief's designs has some fur, but is not really stitched on at all:


The reason for the lack of progress on my WIPs is the exciting news I was talking about last month. Now I can finally share it with you: I am one of the new model stitchers for the Dutch embroidery magazine Borduurblad. Although I am very excited about it - and am enjoying the projects very much - there is not much I can show you about their progress. They are to remain secret until publication, so we need to be patient.
I put in quite a few thousand stitches on one of these projects. It has a tight deadline, so I have had to put away Eva Rosenstand's The Hunt II. Nevertheless I want to keep showing some progress each week, so I will keep on stitching on Box of Delights and the cats.

----------------------------

Tijd voor weer een wekelijkse update. Allereerst is er een finish. Paddington, RC-7014 door Royal Crown is af! Je kunt meer lezen in mijn vorige post.

Ik heb mezelf een stukje dichter naar het centrum van de Blackwork SAL van Blackwork Journey geborduurd.


De vos van Eva Rosenstand's schellekoord De Jacht II is bijna zover dat het ogen en een neus krijgt.


En het poesje van Comar Creatiefs ontwerpen heeft een beetje vacht, maar er is eigenlijk niet aan geborduurd:


De reden voor mijn gebrek aan vooruitgang aan mijn WIPs is het spannende nieuwes waar ik het vorige maand over had. Nu kan ik het eindelijk met jullie delen: ik ben een van de nieuwe modelborduursters van Borduurblad. Hoewel ik hier heel erg blij mee ben - en met veel plezier aan de projecten werk - kan ik je niet veel laten zien van hun vooruitgang. Ze moeten geheim blijven tot publicatie, dus we moeten geduldig zijn.
Ik heb een paar duizend steekjes geborduurd op een van deze projecten. Het heeft een strakke deadline, dus ik heb Eva Rosenstands De Jacht II op moeten bergen. Niettemin wil ik elke week een beetje vooruitgang laten zien, dus ik blijf borduren aan Box of Delights en de katten.

No comments:

Post a Comment