Sunday 26 April 2015

WIP Week 17: Blackwork Journey - Box of Delights

It's been a busy week full of unexpected complications that have turned writing my thesis into a challenge. As a result I have not managed to do a lot of stitching at all.

This is my progress on Box of Delights:


Usually I start in the centre of the fabric and design, but it's fun doing it the other way around for a change. If only I could spend a little bit more time on this. I really enjoy stitching this and I'm itching to see the chocolates fill in with all the lovely patterns Elizabeth Almond created.

Like last time deadlines were creeping up on me, I put a smaller project on my desk to do some quick stitching here and there in between. I took Paddington out of hibernation again. The cross stitching is nearly done already:



There is a Mother's Day Sale at Heaven And Earth Designs now, running until midnight on the 3rd of May. And to my utmost surprised I was RAKed again. I do not know what I did to deserve such kindness, but I am overwhelmed with gratitude. Stitchers are such nice and generous people.
This gorgeous piece of art is called 6 For Gold, of the Magpie Series, by Stephanie Pui-Mun Law.


It's been very high on my wishlist, because it's a companion piece to a chart that is already in my stash, called 5 For Silver:


I think they would look absolutely stunning when they are framed and hanging right next to each other. So I'm looking forward to working on these, though it will take some time.

----------------------------

Het is een drukke week geweest vol onverwachte complicaties, waardoor het schrijven van mijn scriptie een ware uitdaging is geworden. Daardoor heb ik weinig kunnen borduren.

Dit is mijn vooruitgang van Box of Delights:


Meestal start ik in het midden van de stof en het ontwerp, maar het is een leuke afwisseling om het eens andersom te doen. Kon ik maar wat meer tijd hieraan besteden. Ik vind het ontzettend leuk om te borduren en zou heel graag zien dat de chocolaatjes zich beginnen op te vullen met de prachtige patronen die Elizabeth Almond heeft ontworpen.

Zoals de laatste keer dat de deadlines me tegemoet kropen, heb ik een kleiner project op mijn bureau gelegd om tussendoor een paar steekjes te kunnen zetten. Ik heb Paddington uit zijn winterslaap gehaald. De kruissteekjes zijn al bijna klaar:


Er is een Moederdag Sale bij Heaven And Earth Designs nu, tot middernacht op 3 Mei (lokale tijd). En tot mijn grote verrassing ben ik weer geRAKt. Ik weet niet waar ik zulke lieve cadeautjes aan verdiend heb, maar ik ben sprakeloos met dankbaarheid. Borduurders zijn zulke vriendelijke en vrijgevige mensen.
Dit wonderschone kunstwerk heeft 6 For Gold, van de Eksterserie, van Stephanie Pui-Mun Law.


Hij stond erg hoog op mijn verlanglijstje, want hij past perfect bij een patroon dat ik al heb, genaamd 5 For Silver:


Ik denk dat het er fantastisch uit zou zien als ze ingelijst naast elkaar zouden hangen. Dus ik kijk er naar uit om hier aan te gaan werken, hoewel dat waarschijnlijk nog wel even gaat duren.

No comments:

Post a Comment